Art of appreciation and joy
Bee Denham creates works of art intended to bring feelings of joy and happiness, to encourage you to appreciate the things we often take for granted or don’t even notice.
- 1990s Graduate of HND Visual Communications at Glyndwr University in North Wales
- Graphic design career of 30 years
- Worked for local newspapers, large advertising agencies, design companies and a local arts centre
- Loves family, cute animals, trees, birds, reading, buying books, buying art supplies, going for coffee with friends
- Moved to Western Australia from UK in 2012
- Became an Australian citizen in 2021
About Bee’s art
- Mediums: watercolour, acrylics, water-mixable oils, pencil
- Subjects: pet portraits, flowers and trees, portraits
- Self-taught, continuing to learn via online courses and books
Collie Art Prize 2023
Finalist in Collie Art Prize 2023 with “Major Smile”
While stopped at traffic lights one afternoon, I spotted this motorbike passenger enjoying his ride, and it really made me smile. After I posted a sketch on Facebook, people commented how much they also loved seeing them riding around town. Fortunately the rider shared my sketch, enabling me to contact him to find out more. I suggested that he was a bit of an icon around town, but he doesn’t see himself that way; he’s just helping his little buddy, Major, calm down by taking him out for a ride in a milk crate on the back of his motorbike.